Monday, November 2, 2009

Day 55 (official version) Fly, Baby Fly!

This morning started with a wrap up of packing and checking, checking again, and double checking to make sure I have everything I could possibly needed for my month adventure. Devin and I then went to have brunch together before it was time take me to the airport. We went to Mimi’s CafĂ© and I enjoyed some of the best quiche I’ve had. It was wonderful, but then again, maybe I was just hungry! ;-)

After a quick trip back to the apartment to potty and put away leftovers, it was off to the Kansas City Airport for the biggest individual adventure of my life to begin. I suppose you could argue that this adventure began back in June or July when I volunteered, but let’s not be technical.
After the 40 minute drive, we arrived at the airport. Devin helped me carry my bags to the ticket counter and walked me to the security check point. Then it was time for a tearfully good bye and a frantic attempt to give each other enough hugs and kisses to last two months.

Security was a breeze and the WiFi was fun. The time flew by as I had to wait my two extra hours for my weather delayed flight thanks to Facebook. The flight to Chicago went by quickly too, but due to my flight from KC being delayed, I only had about 20 minutes to grab a bite to eat and race to the other end of the O’Hare Terminal. I made my flight just in time to board for India! The best part, insert sarcastic tone, we hurry onto the plane; they rush us to our seats, taxi us to the run way, and shut off the engines. Gotta love Chicago’s O’Hare!! After a “short” hour and a half, we were finally cleared for takeoff and the 14 hour flight began.

Surprisingly enough, so far the flight is not so bad. Dinner was edible although not flavorful, but my seat buddy is fantastic! She was born and raised in India but has been in the US for years. She is a wealth of India knowledge!
I guess I should try and sleep a bit! Next post will be from India!!
Eli

1 comment:

  1. "enough hugs and kisses to last two months" Is that possible? Sounds like it would be fun to try even if I'm not going to be leaving Robert for two months ;-)

    ReplyDelete