Monday, November 23, 2009

Day 76: Is it Friday Yet?

Thursday, November 19

Why is it that no matter how good, or bad for that matter, a week is, we always look forward to Friday? This Thursday is no different. I’m not even sure I have anything specific that I’m looking forward to. In fact, I kind of dread this weekend because my two buddies are going back to the states. Lisa heads home tomorrow, tonight was her last night. And Monica leaves Saturday night. Nonetheless, once again I find myself in another Thursday wishing for the weekend.

I remember being little and Grandmother always telling me not to wish my life away when I would “wish” I was my sister’s age so I could do the cool stuff she did. With the exception of Thursdays, I tend to live by my Grandmother’s advice. It seems like my life, as it turns out goes by entirely too fast without any wishing!

Take for instance the fact that my ten year high school reunion is just over a year away! I’ve been out of college for five years already! I had my dream wedding to my prince charming almost two years ago! And I’m already three weeks into my India trip! I guess its true, time does fly when you’re having fun.

I’ll have to find some new kinds of fun come Sunday though, since my buddies will be gone. Good thing I have only watched one of the movies I brought and still have a slew of books to read. Plus, my friend Joy, that will be here till the beginning of December, has lots of fun things planned for the weekends. Too bad she’s the one that works such different hours during the week.

Ok well since technically it is already Friday, I suppose I will wrap it up and call it a night. I hope you all are doing well and know I miss you all!

With Love,
Eli
Countdown to Mumbai: 48 days…

No comments:

Post a Comment