Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Day 58: Is it still Sunday If you don’t go to Church??

Today was quite the odd day for me. The calendar says it’s Sunday, but I didn’t get up till 4 in the afternoon! Sundays are supposed to start early and involve going to Church! LOL!
So this morning, I got up in time to go enjoy some free breakfast. I was up at 10 am, quick shower (I think but honestly I’m not sure) and then down to the main dining room. Evidently I took a picture of my breakfast, it’s on Facebook, but all I remember is staring blankly into space and trying to stay awake. Eventually, I gave up, went back to my room, and slept until around 4 in the afternoon. In my defense, my body thought it was 3:30 am so if you look at it that way, I got up really early! ;-)
Once I was finally up, it was an adventure to the biggest mall I’ve ever been in. Its five stories with more stores than I have ever seen! Unfortunately, there is no India discount; they charge the same amount of money, just in rupees, for things back home. But still, it’s fun to have a mall so close!
Below the mall is the Bazaar, the India version of Wal-Mart. After purchasing lunch upstairs at the food court, who would have thought I would have to travel all the way to India to enjoy KFC, I picked up a few things for my room at the Bazaar. I got some Nutella, several Sprite, a Coke, and some juice. The hotel I’m staying at supplies me with lots of bottled drinking water so I didn’t have to purchase any of that. On the way out of the mall, there is a little gelato stand. I’m in love!! It’s about $0.75 for a small cup!
After hanging out in the lobby of the hotel for quite awhile with the other folks from work, it was off to dinner at the hotels Italian restaurant. It’s kind of funny to eat Italian food in India, but hey, it works!
Over all, today was very relaxing and gave me the chance to get to know several of the other people I’m with in this amazing country. Tomorrow is my first day at work so I should probably get some rest! Have a wonderful evening and know I miss you all!
With Love,
Eli
Count Down to Home: 57 days…

No comments:

Post a Comment