Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Day 80: All The Things I Forgot to Put in Yesterday’s Blog

Monday, November 23

I realize that this is a rather random title for a blog, but I when recapping my weekend at work today, I decided I had left out some rather humorous moments about my adventure with Joy. Yesterday was such a busy, exciting day I just couldn’t get it all into one blog anyway, so it’s a good thing that it’s going to be over two. That and the fact that other than the delicious Indian food, that was SOOOO much better than cold McDonald’s, nothing terribly exciting happened today.

So I talked about the insanely packed rail car on the Metro, but I forgot to tell about the ride back on the Metro. I’m not sure how it worked out this way, but when we switched trains to go back to where we got on, the car only had about 10 people, and five of them were my group. The hand rails on the Metro here are little red loops. They remind me of a sort of monkey bar set you would find on a playground back home.

Since we were all but the only ones on the train, we were free to move about the cabin. Linda decided that the handle loops looked like something that one should attempt to put their foot in. Joy is about 5’6” and Linda a little shorter. As the tallest by far, I was nominated to attempt to get my foot to the loop. The best part, I actually could get my foot that high!! LOL! I couldn’t get my foot into the loop, but I was rather surprised/proud that I could get my foot to even touch the handle bar!!

The other hysterical moment, me being offered my first Indian drink. Oh but it gets better, it was Jack Daniels!! I grew up 30 minutes from where that stuff was made and I’m offered a shot in India. But this story gets even more outrageous, the guy that offered it to me was one of THREE grown men riding on a single motorcycle going down the interstate and I was in my taxi!
When I caught this guy staring at me at a light, I gave a simple smile, the best way to handle those that stare. As traffic let up and we were back to driving 95 kph, he held up his bottle and mouthed “want some.” I started laughing and had to bust out the camera for this one! When I rolled down the window to take a picture, he held out his hand for me to shake! Keep in mind we are going at least 60 mph down the interstate in crazy India traffic. Now was this really a good idea!! I took the picture and rolled up the window, laughing till my sides hurt the whole time!
Well that about sums up the funniest moments of yesterday!

Eli
Countdown to Mumbai: 44 days…

Devin's interjected thoughts: My wife is crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment