Thursday, November 26, 2009

Day 82: So it’s Thanksgiving!

Wednesday, November 25

Today was somewhat of an interesting day. It started with the usually trip to the mall for a bite and then off to work. Interestingly enough, that it when things got interesting!

In our “morning” drill down call, we found out that we are going to be moving hotels. How do I feel about this you might ask? Well, I’m not very exciting about saying good bye to all my friends here at the Leela. And I will greatly miss the mall being so close with the KFC and quick access to movies. It figures that we are moving to the new hotel the day that “New Moon” premiers in India!

But on the upside, we are moving to the Marriot, read free hotel stay in the States thanks to Marriot points! Also, the Leela only has one restaurant open during the day and it serves the same menu as room service. The other two only open at night when we are at work. The Marriot has four restaurants, one of which is a café with sandwiches and coffee! From the pictures of the rooms, they look to be almost as nice as my current princess lair, but the verdict is still out on the bathroom. I couldn’t see enough of it in the picture to decide.

The best part of the move, we will be the some of the first guest to stay at the hotel. They are opening the day before we make the change. How cool will it be to be some of the first guests? Plus, Joy seems to think we will have lots of perks as some of their first guest too! Should be fun and I think the Marriot points alone will make it a better deal!

The next interesting moment, having Thanksgiving start while I was a work! It’s kind of weird because we work the same hours here that we work back home. However, due to the time difference we go into work on one day, and leave on another day. The same thing will happen Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve as well. I will say the other two should be more excited, but still it was neat to get all the Happy Thanksgiving wishes at midnight! Even if I did have to explain why we celebrate Thanksgiving and that turkey and dressing is not the same as a turkey in a dress!

Currently, I am trying to figure out how I want to spend my day off while staying awake long enough to go down for the breakfast buffet. The pool is sounding pretty good as an option and maybe even a movie, assuming that I can find one I want to see that is playing in English! I’ll let you know how it all turns out tomorrow!

With Love,
Eli

Countdown to Mumbai: 42 days…

No comments:

Post a Comment