Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Day 73: The Start of Week Three

Monday, November 16

Back to the grindstone, if you will, with another work day. I think I might have slept too much last night in an attempt to “make up” for the sleep I missed last night. Unfortunately, what they say about not being able to do this is true. I just felt groggy all day.

I did, however, manage to wake up in time for lunch at the buffet down stairs at the hotel for the first time. It was a decent selection of all kinds of international foods including Japanese, Thai, Chinese, “Western,” and of course, Indian. I had pizza, chicken curry, salad, stir fried veggies, and rice. While the access to veggies was wonderful, the true reason the others took me to the buffet was to show me the desserts! Amazing!!

It’s awesome because all the desserts are in petite form so even if you have five different ones that is only ten bites max. I had a chocolate cream puff, cheesecake, and a scoop of homemade ice cream. Have I mention how amazing the ice cream is here?? ;-) Luckily, the buffet cost about as much as we are allotted for one day, so it’s only an occasional treat, not an everyday kind of thing. Otherwise, I might have to buy a whole new wardrobe to accommodate the dessert butt I would be sure to end up with!

Work was work. We had something other than McDonald’s for dinner which was nice. And my team is getting the hang of it and doing well. I spent most of my time walking around verifying that what they were doing was correct and helping with their confidence.

Well, I suppose that about wraps up this blog. I’m about halfway finished with my book so another review will be in the works probably by next week. Hopefully you all are not too bored reading about my somewhat boring days!
Hoping for an exciting tomorrow…

Eli
Countdown to Mumbai: 51 days…

1 comment: