Monday, November 9, 2009

Day 64: Market Shopping! ‘Nough Said…

Saturday, November 7

I love Saturdays! There is something rather nice about sleeping till you wake up and enjoying a restful day. After staying up way too late last night, or rather this morning, I slept till about 3:30 this afternoon. After grab a granola bar and some cheez-its, I know the breakfast of champions, it was over to the adjacent mall at the atm. The mall on Saturday is worse that Macy’s the day after Thanksgiving. I had to throw some ‘bows just to get to the atm.

After getting my Rs. 2000 (about $50) it was off to meet the others for an evening of market shopping. Talk about crazy fun!! We met up with several of our new local friends to help us with bargaining to help us avoid as much of the “white man tax” as possible. Without them, we would have had a hard time getting the amazing deals that we got! While I wanted one of everything, I was trying to be good! I did get a pair of sunglasses for Rs. 200 (about $4) but I can honestly say I needed them! I have been without sunglasses since I left Kansas and if you know me at all you know that I ALWAYS have my sunglasses!

The others got shoes for Rs. 175, kids drums for Rs. 100, purses for Rs. 100, and a wooden flute for Rs. 10. I can’t wait to go back when I have a little extra money! There are such great deals! And while not everything is quality, most of it seems rather nice! It was a lot of fun to watch Sumjat banter with the salesman for my glasses!! ;-)

After the open market, it was off to the New Delhi Hard Rock Café! It’s been a long time since I’ve been to a night club, but that it totally what this was like. It wasn’t like the Hard Rock Nashville or Atlanta that I have been to before, but I can’t complain! I miss Mexican food so much and I was able to get chicken fajitas’ that were amazing! As much as I like Indian food, it’s always nice to have a taste of home!

Ok well tomorrow is going to be a day full of sightseeing and since I’m supposed to be up by 9 am and it’s currently almost 2 am, I probably should head to bed! Until tomorrow…

Eli
Count Down to Home: 51 days…

No comments:

Post a Comment