Monday, November 9, 2009

Day 65: The Life of a Princess

Sunday, November 8

What a day of relaxation and pampering! My day started when I woke without an alarm. After a quick brush of the teeth and throwing on some cloths, I ran upstairs for a quick bite. It pays to befriend the hotel staff. Even though there were only minutes left and they were already cleaning up, my new friend Anikta made sure I had some fresh fruit and hot pancakes and coffee of course!

After breakfast, I came back to my room to be a big ole bum. I took a shower and lay around with a wet head in a plush, fuzzy, white bathrobe for hours. It was lovely! I watched High School Musical 3, a slew of Friends reruns, and part of a Hannah Montana episode. What can I say; TV in English while in India is not in wide variety.

I was finally dragged from my princess lair by my co-workers to head to the market. We were headed to the grocery store, but go side tracked by a mall. After walking around the mall, we realized that it wasn’t worth the trip, but at least it we got some exercise. We went to Spencer’s, which is the local grocery store. I bought some more sprite, a coke, and some snack stuff. I’m quickly realizing how much I need the occasional snack since I typically only have one, maybe two, meals a day. Good thing I brought health snacks with me!

Back at the hotel, it was upstairs to the Italian place. I had fish, asparagus, and risotto. It was tasty! And I was so glad for veggies!! That is one of the many things I’m starting to really miss about home. That and Devin and Church and some many other things….

Now I’m back in the princess liar with my comfy clothes, snuggled in my plush bed watching Father of the Bride! I have to try really hard to stay awake for another three hours so maybe I should be watching Sound of Music instead! ;-)

I suppose I will wrap up this for now and get back to my movie!

Eli
Count Down to Home: 50 days…

No comments:

Post a Comment