Monday, November 9, 2009

Day 63: Everybody Knows Your Name…

Friday, November 6

I made it through week one!! Only seven more to go before I’m headed home. I’m having a great time, but I really miss the hubster and the babies! Not to mention being able to just pick up the phone and call whenever I’m missing a loved one.

My hotel is doing a fantastic job of making me feel as at home as possible. I’ve had a rose left in my room, treats for Halloween, and a dessert when I got home from work tonight! Add to that that walking down the hall sounds that the latest version of “Old to Me” with the chorus of “Hello, Ms. Kroner,” “Good Evening Ms. Kroner,” and “How are you Ms. Kroner.”
Work is similar; just change the Ms. Kroner to Elizabeth. And at work, the hellos and good evenings are quickly replaced with, “Elizabeth, small query,” and “Elizabeth, quick, real quick, query.” It’s so cute! I love it!

There is a downside to such familiarity. Everyone seems to know my name, but there are so many that I don’t know yet. I’m trying to learn names of both the folks at the office and the staff at the hotel, but it’s so difficult. I hate asking their names again and again, but they are so different from the names I’ve grown up around so I have trouble pronouncing them correctly. But at least I’m trying! That has to count for something!

Ok well I’m off to bed!
Eli
Count Down to Home: 52 days…

No comments:

Post a Comment