Thursday, October 1, 2009

Day 27: Being Angry Doesn't Solve Anything!!

So I have a true story to share this evening...

While waiting for the elevator to leave work today, there was another lady getting ready to leave as well. She is probably a little younger than me, but not much. Anyway, she huffs and says how it always seems to take the elevator forever at the end of the day. Now mind you, it only took about a minute, but anyway. Once on the elevator, she makes a random comment about how tired she is. Realizing I'm going to end up listening to her complain the whole way to the parking garage, I say "yea, but its Thursday so Friday is almost here" or something along those lines. She says this is true but she has school tonight. This is where things start getting good...

In an attempt to derail the complain train, I ask what she is going to school for. Her response, keeping in mind she has no idea who I am or what my role is and we've had big wigs from corporate here for the past couple of days, is "I'm working on my associates in administration so I can get the hell out of here." (Pardon the language, but it is a direct quote.)

I had to bite my lip to keep from busting out laughing. I thought about telling her I have a degree in Chemistry and this is a fantastic job, but the company doesn't need people with her kind of attitude anyway. I did however slow down walking to the parking garage in an effort to allow her to mosey on past!!

So it's Thursday. Which for the past four years has meant one thing, Grey's Anatomy. I have been in love with this show since it premiered and have seen virtually ever episode. Last week I had the scavenger hunt on Thursday night so Devin and I watched the season premier Friday night on the computer (gotta love abc.com) but its just not the same as watching it on the the tv when it is actually on. I was really looking forward to partaking of some Grey's, but the wind is blowing so the antenna won't work, so NO GREY'S!! Folks its a truly sad day!!

Devin and I do not have cable, nor can I justify having cable when we aren't home that much to watch tv, and there are plenty of free channels out there for when we are. But our antenna gotten broken some how, and it isn't a digital antenna anyway, so literally if the wind is blowing or the clouds are out or if you don't hold your mouth just right, it DOES NOT work. And of course, since there was actually something we wanted to watch tonight, it couldn't possibly work. Devin has been trying to get me to let him get a digital antenna, and I kept insisting that this one works just fine, but I'm realizing, alas, I am wrong. I think I foresee the purchase of an antenna in our near future!!

Ok well I think I'm going to see if I can find an antenna online!! ;-)

Until tomorrow...
Eli

PS Count down to India ~28 days...

No comments:

Post a Comment