Thursday, October 15, 2009

Day 41: I'll be safe!!

Today was a super long day at work. It was incredible productive though, so that's a step in the right direction! I'm still not caught up from being off for a couple of days, but things are looking up.


Other than watching a great episode of Grey's Anatomy, I don't have too much to share about my day. So with that being said, I am going to use the topic that Aunt Jane suggested, my safety in India.


My company has done a great job preparing me for my upcoming trip. They have held multiple teleconference to prepare us both for the culture as well as the job we will be doing. On top of that, they are providing me with a personal chauffeur/body guard. And of course, I won't be over there alone, and there is always safty in numbers.

In addition, they paid for me to have a travel consultation and shots with a company called Passport Health. At Passport Health, they not only talked me to me about watching what I eat and making sure I use lots of deet product to ward off the bugs, they also talked about staying safe and not being a tourist victim. Also, they went over the US Embassy and how to get in touch with them if needed.


I know, India is not America. There are little children wandering the streets begging and cows running free through the city from what I have been told. But I've also been told by everyone that has gone before me about how incredibly nice everyone with our sister company is! I've been told about how well the hotel and chauffeur take care of you while you are there and what an amazing experience everyone's time in India was. While I will have to be smart, I'm well prepared and totally looking forward to this trip!

I think Devin and I are going to give the pups a bath before Amy gets here tomorrow so I'm out!

With Love,
Eli

Count Down to India: 14 days

No comments:

Post a Comment