Friday, October 2, 2009

Day 28: Daddy Wow!! I'm a Big Girl Now!!

No doubt! Today is one of the greatest accomplishments of my life. Right up there with graduating college and marrying prince charming. I managed to sit still, not throw up, not pass out, and not even cry while I received FOUR shots, back to back, in a row, with in minutes of each other!!

Luckily, I was up-to-date on my Tetanus, thanks to when I got a little chunk of brick in my foot in college. And that MMR that Daddy had to hold me down to get, saved me another. Lastly the Typhoid Fever is now available in an oral vaccine, leaving me with Hepatitis A and B, Meningitis, Polio, and Flu. I opted out of Yellow Fever and Japanese Encephalitis. I also have a prescriptions for anti-Malaria pills and an antibiotic for Travelers Diarrhea.

Needless to say, as someone who HATES shots, sitting through four deserved some kind of treat. Seeing as it is now cold outside, the old ice cream bribe was out. Luckily I've grown up and found something that is almost as good as ice cream... Pumpkin Spice Lattes from Starbucks!! After my proud moment of personal triumphant I headed to Starbucks and my three pump, skim milk, no whip, no sprinkles latte made it all worth while... Well at least until it was gone and I realized how sore my arms are! LOL!

I shared my treat with the hubster and brought him home a hot chocolate. My price charming had cleaning the entire apartment, done all the laundry, including washing the sheets, AND fixed a tasty pasta dish for dinner! I think that deserved a little something special!!

After eating dinner, it was off to a ladies coffee night at the church. This wasn't just the young women's group I've talked about before, it was the entire women's ministry. It was a lot of fun to just sit around and chat. A huge shout out to Dana for the mixer! It was a GREAT way to get conversations started and gave us all an opportunity to get to know each other better.

Lastly, and the reason I'm writing my blog for today (well actually yesterday) at 1am, I "swung" by the youth pastor's wife, Des, house on my way home from the church. The men are on a men's retreat, so Des was having a couple friends over and she had invited me to come too. The intention was to hang out for a few minutes and then head home. Well, I was having way to much fun with Des, Amber, and Rachael to leave after a few minutes. My apologize to the three of you though, I'm sure your ears are about to fall off after listening to be do all that talking! But seriously had a blast and it was really nice to just hang out, even if it did keep me out way past my "curfew"! Hehehe!!

It is so nice to be making friends. I feel so blessed to have met so many amazing people in the month I've been here. I look forward to getting to know each of my new found friends better! I miss my old friends so much, but its like the old saying says...
Make new friends, but keep the old. One is silver and the other gold!
Thank you to all the silver and gold in my life!!

With Love,
Eli

1 comment:

  1. You opted out of a good one. I got yellow fever along with about 6 other shots the first time I went to Africa. It was the WORST!!! My arm turned yellow over the next two weeks, and I almost passed out when they gave me the shot it was so painful.

    ReplyDelete