Sunday, October 18, 2009

Day 43: Shopping is Hard Work!

Who knew one could have this much of a work out spending the day shopping? And that is exactly what has happened today. Amy and I started with an amazing breakfast at this place called La Peep. It’s a GREAT brunch place with amazing omelets!! I had one of my favorites, spinach, mushroom, and bacon and a side of fresh fruit. Unfortunately, I wasn’t as impressed with the $4.50 latte! From now on, I’ll stick with my good ole $1.99 cup of joe!

After breakfast we were off for a shopping spree, Dixie and Lovebug style! It started with the first trip to Target for all prescriptions needed while I’m away as well as a travel pillow for the plane ride. Next on the list, a very productive trip to Old Navy. I was able to get two dresses, eight shirts, and a pair of yoga pants for less than $100! I love 50% of clearance! After such productivity, it was off to countless number of shoe stores with absolutely nothing to show for it. I hate having big feet and a strong memory of them being called ski’s when I was a kid. But alas, the redemption was found when Amy and I stumbled upon an outlet mall!! A few hours later, we left with brand new unmentionables, three pairs of shoes, an eye mask, and some Bath & Body Works goodies!

Quick trip to Radio Shack for the converter and adapter for India, and then off to dinner with Amy. We found a Sweet Tomatoes, which was one of our favorites back in our Raleigh days, and enjoyed soup, salad, and amazing muffins! Just like the old days!!

One more trip to Target produced a two month supply of all things beauty, zip-up sweatshirt, and a small pharmacy worth of over the counter drugs. Still on the list is a computer bag for travel, a couple lightweight sweaters, and lots of books. Good thing I have 12 more days! LOL!

Ok, well back to spending time with two of my favorite people! Amy leaves tomorrow, sad day, but I’ve had such a wonderful time and I’m so thankful that she was able to be here today to help me stay on track and keep my head from exploding!

Good night to all!!
Eli

No comments:

Post a Comment