Monday, October 12, 2009

Day 37: I Fell In Love All Over Again!!

I had the most amazing morning. About seventeen months ago, I married Devin, knowing that he is a children’s pastor. I also knew that he loved to preach to adults too. But I had no idea how good he is!! My husband tore it up this morning! I finally truly caught vision of how God is going to use Devin and me! I’m so excited!! Honestly, I sat in the front row and feel in love with the speaker all over again.

After this morning’s amazing message, we went to Devin’s pastor and wife’s house for lunch and quality time. They are very in to gardening and had quite the harvest this year. For an appetizer, we had mini-stuffed sweet peppers and zucchini bread, all from the garden. For lunch, we had corn, squash, Brussels sprouts, green beans, mashed potatoes, and turkey. The only thing not from the garden was the turkey. It was all so delicious! But to make it the meal complete, an apple, berry pie a la mode! It was one of the best pies I have every had!!

Once we had visited the afternoon away, it was off to Devin’s mom’s house to see the puppies and spend some time with her. She and Devin also took on the task of cleaning Brooks’ ears. My poor little boy has ear mites, which luckily, Devin’s mom uses to be a vet tech so she is so very helpful in helping provide Brooks a little relief. We are going to have to take him to the vet next week to get him treated, but at least she was able to help some of the irritation.

Well we head home tomorrow morning so I needed to get some rest for the drive. It has been a wonderful visit, but I’m ready for my bed and my shower! ;-)
Sweet Dreams!!
Eli

No comments:

Post a Comment