Saturday, October 24, 2009

Day 50: The Big 5 - 0!!

So here it is, my fiftieth blog! I can't believe that much time as already passed. It really seems like last week I was driving from St. Louis to KC talking with Aunt Fay about starting this thing, and now I'm on day fifty! Honestly, I'm kind of amazed that I have made it this far, but I'm glad I did!! ;-)

Actually, I'm quite glad I did. Today, I went shopping with my new friend Hannah. I wanted to get some books to take on my upcoming trip. I went to Barnes and Noble (thanks to a birthday gift card from Aunt Jane and Uncle Butch I have been saving for just such an occasion) and bought a GRE study guide as well as a couple Karen Kingsbury's books. There are two writing sections on the GRE, so I'm hoping that all this time I'm spending putting my thoughts on the proverbial paper will come in handy!!

In addition to the bookstore, Hannah and I also went to check out a store called Half of Half. The concept is that they have name brand clothes for half of half price off retail. In other words, everything is suppose to be at least 75% off what you would pay at a regular department store. I'm sure this would be a shoppers dream come true if you have some extra free time on your hands, and I can't say that either of us walked out empty handed, but it was a little to all over the place for my liking. I think I'll stick with the outlet mall, Marshall's, and TJ Max!

Before all this shopping, Devin and I had some quality adventure time, starting at 8 am! The Fall Fest this morning went GREAT! We had amazing weather, not a cloudy in the sky and the temperature, while not short weather, wasn't too bad either! There was a good turn out and fun had by all!

One the way home, we swung by Costco's for a bite and to pick up my nonperishable food for the trip. I got dehydrated veggie chips (Thanks AF for introducing me!), Simple Fruit Roll-ups, and Fiber One bars. At the very least, I won't starve. And actually, if the packaging can be trusted, I will get a serving of veggies or fruit with each serving! Plus, Fiber One bars really are packed with fiber! I should survive!!

Well, tomorrow is my last Sunday service for awhile. I'm glad I will be in service and can just soak it all in. Other than Devin, I think church will be what I miss the most. Not having people that I know share my faith will defiantly be different...

Ok I'm off to bed!
Eli

Count Down to India: 5 days.... And nothing is packed....

No comments:

Post a Comment