Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Day 33: Fifteen Hours Makes A Day...

Today was such a long day! It started way back at 5:30 this morning and is just now starting to wrap up at 9:45 pm. I left the house at 6:30 this morning and didn't get home till after 9!! Luckily, Devin made it home to feed the babies dinner and take them out. But that isn't really the exciting part of my day, although I'm sure it was for Brooks and Addy!

My excitement for the day, my visa for India is here!! Per Fedex tracking, my package with my passport including visa was delivered on campus and signed for yesterday morning at 8:55 am. When I didn't have it by lunch , I started asking about it. When I left last night and still didn't have it, I started worrying about it. When I still didn't have it by mid-morning today, I got busy looking for it.

First, I was told that it was sent back to Fedex and to call them to find out where I can pick it up. When I called Fedex, they didn't have it. After getting mad, panicking, and realizing neither of these solved anything, I called the campus mail room again and explained Fedex didn't have it. FINALLY, they found my package, and guess what, it was in the campus mail room all along! After walking all the way across campus, with a map and directions this time, I got my visa/passport! YAY!

This trip across campus was much better than the last. First off, I didn't walk in circles, always a plus. I also managed to make it there and back in less than 20 minutes as opposed to 45 minutes. On top of these two, I also saw more of the beautiful campus and realized the circle I walked in the last venture. Need less to say, 100% better experience!

Tonight's lesson with the kids was on being thankful and not complaining. Once again, I found myself needing to be reminded of this valuable lesson. I am truly blessed with an amazing husband, a fantastic family, great friends, both new and old, and a job I love and is allowing me to see the world! Thank you Lord for blessing me beyond imagination!!

Eli

No comments:

Post a Comment