Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Day 47: Amen! Wow, I Have a Raccoon!

My trip to India becomes more real everyday! My Blackberry arrived today. I feel so grown up! My phone has internet, email, and more things than I will ever learn to use. It takes pictures and lets me load them on to Facebook too!! The only problem is I had to call the IT guy to show me how to turn it on. You would think that this would be an easy task, however, the end button doesn't function as power button on this one. I sent a message to the IT guy that said "either my blackberry is busted or the operator is." Turns out the operator was the problem! The power on button is on the side, but you still use the end button to turn it off. Go figure!!

After work, it was the regular Wednesday race! Fortunately, Devin's mom is here and she made a delicious dinner. After which, it was off to church to hang out with some of the coolest kids I know! We continued our study for Exodus, western style, and learned how we each have our part just like the children of Israel in building the tabernacle.

Before snack, we always ask the kids for a volunteer to pray. One particularly cute little kid volunteered this evening. He said a very sweet little prayer. Immediately following his amen, he announced to the group, "WOW, I have a raccoon." We were having animal crackers for snack, but how he knew he had a raccoon when he was praying, I'm not exactly sure. This was probably one of those things that you just had to be there for, but I got a good laugh! And ask Devin to help me remember to use that phrase as my blog title. Anyway, it really was funny, at least for those there!

Well, Dee leaves tomorrow with my babies, I won't see them again until next year. :-( I'm going to call in a night and spend a little time with a couple of pups!

With Love,
Eli

Count Down to India: 8 days!! AHHHHHHHHH!! So much still to do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment