Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Day 26: Tax Day is a Holiday, Right?

Well today was the glorious quarter end, month end at work. Its kind of a holiday around my workplace, like tax day. While some people dread this crazy time of frantic working, I find it exhilarating! Working diligently to clear as much money as possible. Finding things that others have missed. Sweet talking doctors to send you what you need. Hitting F10 and watching the money come off! All of it is GREAT! Some would call me insane, I know. But what can I say, its the way God made me!

In addition, to the festivities of month end, all of the big bosses from around the country congregated at my billing center today, including my old billing center manager from Jackson. She has a very distinct laugh and when I heard it, I stood up, popping my head over the cubicle wall. When she saw me, she came running at me like a sorority sister I haven't seen in years and gave me a great big hug! It really made my day, she was genuinely glad to see me! Man I miss her!!

After work it was a race to church. Again the Wednesday kids seem to have a good time learning about Moses and the great Exodus from Egypt. Tonight's lesson was on looking to God instead of looking at the problem. Just like Moses looked to God when the Red Sea was in front of him and the angry Egyptian army behind him. When Moses focused on God instead of the problem, God provided a way out for the Israelites. I'm realizing that as I get older sometimes I need to be reminded of these simple bible stories that I've heard my whole life. Like in this case, quit focusing on the daily problems, focus on the Lord and His provision.

Ok well its past this ole gals bedtime!

Night night,

Eli

No comments:

Post a Comment