Thursday, October 8, 2009

Day 34: It's Official!

For as boring as the past couple of days, today more than made up for it. First off this morning, I get an email with my flight info for India. Its official! I leave in THREE WEEKS, on October 29th. All along I've know that I'm going, but now its really real. I'm really, really going to India!! The interesting part, the plane ticket is to Delhi, not Mumbai. At this point, I'm sad that I won't be able to see Mumbai, but I'm excited about seeing the Taj Mahal.

Once this thought had actually sunk in, I get another email. This email asked me if I will be willing to stay an additional six weeks, past the four I have already committed to, and go to Mumbai after Delhi!! I'm so excited! I get to see both places and who knows what all between the two. I'm so excited and feel so blessed. There is even a chance that Devin will be able to come for the week between Christmas and New Years! Which brings me to the sad part, I will miss all of the Holidays from Halloween, which isn't my favorite anyway, to New Years. I will make the most of it though and I look forward to sharing Christmas with new friends!! Not to mention getting to have another Christmas in January when I finally get to come home!!

After work today, I had to go get my 2nd of 4 Hepatitis boosters. OUCH!! I'm not sure why, but for whatever reason, the shot today hurt worse that all four of the ones I got last Friday combined. It hurt when she stuck me, it hurt when she pushed the medicine through, and it even made my arm hurt for a few minutes after the fact. To make matters worse, since I did so well the first go round, I didn't bribe myself with the promise of a treat so I didn't even have that to look forward to! Blah...

With a sore arm, I raced home to meet up with Devin to grab some dinner and run some errands. We decided to grab dinner at the food court since we couldn't decide on anything we both wanted and I needed to look for a pair of warm dress pants for the wedding this weekend. The mall that is literally walking distance from the apartment is very nice. There is a Nordstroms, although after looking at the price of one pair of shoes I decided that is probably not the store for me, Macy's, Dillard's, New York & Co, Bare Essentials, Aveda, and so many more! Devin was amazed by the "covered parking" (also known as a parking garage) and I loved all the boutique type shops. They also have a nice food court with lots of choices, everything from Subway and Sonic to Thai and Mexican.

Tomorrow morning we are leaving for IL for Devin's stepbrother's wedding. As a heads up, I'm not sure how much internet access I will have. I promise to post when I can, but write everyday, even if I have to save them to Word. Ok well I better go get everyone packed and in bed. Tomorrow is going to be a long day!

Until next time...
Eli

1 comment:

  1. After your last two experiences with shots, could it be that it was a different nurse? When I was getting allergy shots every week, I had my favorite nurses that could do it without hurting while others hurt every time.

    ReplyDelete