Friday, October 23, 2009

Day 49: So Prepared!!

I had a India Culture presentation today at work. I feel so much more prepared. They gave us important information that I didn't even know I needed to know. Like don't mess with the cows, don't make eye contact with the beggars, and have some Rupees (India money) with you when you get off the plane. I will need it to tip the guy from the hotel that takes me to my new home. Oh, and not to . hi, this is Devin. let anyone other than that guy with the sign from the hotel and my name on it to take my bags, I might not seem them again otherwise!

I also learned that my laundry services are reimbursable! HUGE YAY!! I was really thinking I was going to be washing clothes in the sink of my five star hotel! Or wearing dirty undies!! Neither sounded fun, so I think we will call this the highlight of my day! No, no, the highlight of my day was when my hubster brought Chick-fila and had lunch with me! But clean undies for two months is a close second!

Needless to say, while my day was not incrediblly productive as far as my work goes, it was amazingly informational for my trip. After days of fretting over all my questions, I truly feel like I am prepared, other than the few things I still need to buy. Now, all I have to do is pack! Good thing I have six whole days left! ;-)

Tomorrow is the big Fall Fest at church so we have to get up early in the A.M. I think I will call it a night! Until tomorrow...

Eli

PS Please excuse the interruption in my first paragraph. Devin just wanted to say hi!! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment