Sunday, September 13, 2009

Day 9: Go Cheifs!!

Today was my first Sunday to actually help Devin back in what we call "Superchurch" but is also known as kids church. I learned two valuable lessons. One, dress shoes are not appropriate, no matter how flat. I almost completely wiped out on the tile floors multiple times. And two, one should wear the proper "support" for jumping around on stage in front of people. I could only be slightly enthusiastic without running the risk of serious repercussions! Not to mention gross embarrassment!

All in all, service went well. As with any new environment, there is a learning curve. But the kids are sweet and want to participate. We really need prayers for keeping them focused and for transitions to be smoother! And for me to figure out how to look "churchy" but not have risk wardrobe malfunctions! ;-)

After church, Devin and I went to a place called Jose Peppers for lunch. It was ok, but man I miss Los Portalas! We are still looking for a Mexican place to call our own! While the food was nothing more than average at best, I got to watch my first Chiefs game. Seeing as every school I have attended since 7th grade has been Red, White, and Black, it isn't difficult for me to cheer for Kansas City. Plus, they were playing the Ravens, which I loathe, so they were a shoo-in to be my favorite. Unfortunately, they got a little lazy in the end and lost, but I will say up until the last few minutes it was a good game. I think I am now a Kansas City Chiefs fan! Secondary to my Titans of course!!

After getting home from lunch and taking care of my babies, which side note are doing very well with their new "puppy" gate system, I spent a little over an hour catching up with one of my Jackson friends and playing with Brooks and Addy. Devin is currently attempting to make brownies all by himself, I'm so proud! If the brownies are as good as the batter I just tasted, I'm in for a treat!

Well, I'm out of now!
Eli

No comments:

Post a Comment