Sunday, September 6, 2009

Day 2: Ruby Red Slippers

What a GREAT first day in Kansas! This morning Devin and I were officially installed as the Children's pastor (and wife) at Crosspoints! The church has truly welcomed us with open arms, with everything from bags of groceries to many, many invites to dinner, to tons of help and offers of more. Devin and I are so blessed to have such an amazing new church home here in Kansas!

After church Devin and I went on a shopping spree to two of the best stores I've ever experienced, and I've done some shopping!! The first was the JCPenny outlet store. We were able to get a new bedspread with shams for our king size bed for $44.39, and the best part, its actually soft and cuddly!! Also, while at this fabulous store, I found RUBY RED SLIPPERS!! Devin and I were strictly shopping for necessities and obviously, seeing as I now live in Kansas, these shoes are just that!

Once we had found all that we "needed" at Penny's, it was off to my new favorite store, Nebraska Furniture Mart...

Five football fields worth of EVERYTHING one could possibly need for your home. Two stores of couches, chairs, tables, appliances, and more. Amazing...

When we left Tennessee we left behind our couch, which had seen far better days, and an apartment furnished with a washer and dryer. In an effort to be "grown-ups" and out of the need/desire for some where to sit other than the floor, not to mention that to do a weeks worth of laundry at the laundry mat here is around $20 bucks, we purchased living room furniture, a washer and dryer, and two bar stools for the breakfast bar in our apartment. The crazy part is we spent almost five hours in this wonderful place and only saw maybe a third. I'm already excited about my next trip, maybe I'll wear my new ruby, red slippers, but it will have to wait at least until I get the boxes unpacked!!

Tomorrow's plan is dog park and family time with Devin, Brooks, and Addy! Can't wait to tell you all about it...

Until then,
Eli

No comments:

Post a Comment