Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Day 12: Coffee Anyone?

I've never been a very good break-taker. I tend to get way too busy, loose track of time, and the next thing I know its almost time for lunch. My wonderful new supervisor has been giving me a hard time about not taking my breaks, so today I decided to go get a latte at the coffee shop on campus. I find out where the coffee shop is and set out. I get a little lost, but am able to get into one of the buildings to ask a security guard where the building I'm trying to find is. After giving me the third degree, he tells me that its just on the other side of this building and he will let me walk through. So I do, but keep in mind this is a locked building that I have just walked through and the visitor entrance is the one I just came through on the other side.

Once I arrive at the coffee shop, I'm ten minutes into my 15 minute break. I get my pumpkin latte (quite tasty, but not as good as Starbucks) and ask for the fastest way back to my building since I know I can't go the way I came and cut through the locked building. The barista hands me my coffee and tells me which way to head. I'm off, walking at a very quick pace, racing the ticking clock.

In my hurried efforts, I managed to take a wrong turn and ended up walking in circles for what seemed like a lifetime. While I saw some pretty parts of the Sprint campus, like the little creek complete with little footpath bridges and the tree canopy walk way, my "15 minute" break was much longer. I finally made it back to my office building with a blister on my toe, bruises on the bottom of my feet, and swollen ankles! Remember, I have to dress up, so this hike was not done in tennis shoes!!

Luckily, that amazing sup that insisted I take breaks thought this was hilarious and wasn't too worried about my lateness this once. Needless to say, any future breaks I take will be downstairs as best!

The rest of my day was fairly productive and busy. Church was great tonight! The kids are learning about Moses and the Great Exodus. Tonight's lesson was about obeying God because we trust Him! I think this is a lesson most of us adults could stand to remember as well! ;-)

Well I'm exhausted so I'm off to bed! Sweet Dreams!
Eli

No comments:

Post a Comment