Friday, September 25, 2009

Day 21: The Social Butterfly

First let me state that I was not, am not, will not be giving up on my blogging commitment. I just thought it might be neat for Devin to share his perspective for a change. Second, don't fell sorry for him, I do help with the babies and many times when he is taking them out, I'm at work, making dinner, running errands, or something along those lines. Don't be fooled!! ;-) No really, he has been fantastic with them and he knows how much I appreciate it!!

I'll have to play catch up from yesterday since I relinquished my blog for the evening into the hands of another. I took yesterday afternoon off to finish getting everything ready for my visa application. I went to get my Kansas drivers license assuming that I would leave with my new license in hand. This is not the case in Kansas! You get a temporary drivers license that looks much more like a receipt and told that your real license will arrive in 15-45 business days! Who has ever heard of such nonsense!!

Anyway, I was very panicked about this since I am suppose to be sending my visa application off asap and I have to include a copy of my drivers license with me current address. Luckily, I called the visa application processing place today and was told that the extra temporary license that license place gave me when I began to panic, would be fine. Huge sigh of relief! After all, I'm suppose to be in India in 45 days!!

As for the social scene, last night I attended another Eau (the young women's group at church) event. We split up into three teams and drove all over the area for a scavenger hunt. I'm sad to say me team came in second by seconds!! But we had a blast! I got to meet some wonderful ladies and spend sometime with some other ladies that I'd already met.

Tonight, Devin and I went to the home group we are going to be a part of. It was great to get to attend something fun together and we really had a wonderful time. We have a lot in common with the other couples in our group and I look forward to getting to know them better. I will say that it did make me miss Mel and RR though!! I kept wanting to turn and tell Mel something or waiting for RR to jump into the discussion. Somethings just can't be replaced! ;-)

Tomorrow we are going to try and take the pups to the dog park, we haven't been since the first time. Devin and I both would like to sleep in at least a little after a week worth of getting up extra early. And we have be at the church by 11:45, so going late in the morning isn't going to cut it. Looks like we will be playing tomorrow by ear!

Well, I guess that pretty much wraps it up for now!
With Love,
Eli

1 comment:

  1. Aww, I feel so loved and missed! I was really missing y'all last night, wishing we were hanging out!

    ReplyDelete