Saturday, September 19, 2009

Day 15: I'm Certified!!

First, Aunt Fay and Jason, don't laugh too hard at the title of today's blog! It was intentional though so laugh a little! ;-)

This morning, Devin and I took a CPR certification class thaught by a nurse in the church. It was a great class and Ms. Nancy was quite the comedian and keep all of us laughing. We learned all about two breaths and 30 compressions, yes CPR has changed yet again. Devin and I both realized how old we are getting having to get up and down off the floor to practice. It sounded like a movie theater with all that popping! We got to practice the Heimlich on each other, can we say bear hugs!! At the end of it all, we both learned a lot of life saving skills and are both proud card carrying CPR certified folks.

After the CPR class, Devin and I decided to try a Japanese place across the street. Devin loves Hibachi and I love sushi. The restaurant was nice enough and the food was pretty good, but the bill was OUTRAGEOUS!! I'm sorry but a plate of chicken and vegetables and two sushi rolls, should not cost 40 bucks!! Devin and I were rather disappointed when we realized our entire weeks worth of fun money got spent on one meal!! And it wasn't even anything incredible....

I'm ashamed to report that Devin and I spent the majority of the rest of the day enjoying our new couches! The puppies are thrilled to have laps back and Devin and I are loving the ability to put our feet up, not to mention loving cushions instead of canvas on our backsides! It amazes me how much I have missed sitting on actual furniture. It really goes to show that sometimes you don't know how much you miss something till its gone...

Tomorrow is my third Sunday. I'm going to service this week and then afterwards, the senior pastor and his wife and having a cook out at their house to give Devin and I an opportunity to meet and get to know more of the children ministry workers. I'm excited! I love meeting new people!

Well I guess that's about it for tonight, until tomorrow...
Eli

1 comment:

  1. Just catching up...so glad to see you're certified!!

    ReplyDelete