Saturday, September 5, 2009

Day 1: Welcome to the Midwest!!

Ok so I've decided to attempt a blog for one year. Plan is for some kind of post every day, we shall see, but with all the changes and exciting things going on, moving to KS, going to India in November, starting new jobs, etc., it just sounded like a good idea. Yes, I got the idea from Julie & Julia, but what this really is about is me and seeing how I turn out as a Kansasean. Is that a word??

As some one who has been a Tennessean for all 26 years of her life, this is kind of a big deal. I'm no longer a "southerner" ok so I'm still a southerner, I'm just not in the south anymore. Which is an even bigger change than not being in Tennessee anymore. I mean after all, I've lived in Tennessee and North Carolina and no where else. So far though, I give the Midwest a thumbs up. And obviously I'm qualified to pass judgement after the 6.5 hours that I have been here! ;-)

Before you become addicted (typed with extreme sarcasm) to my blog, I should warn anyone reading this of a few things first...

One, I'm a TERRIBLE speller and writer!! Despite spell check, I'm sure I will manage to misspell on a regular bases... No making fun. My degree is in Chemistry not English. You should be proud of me for even thinking about writing every day!!

Two, I MUST be held accountable. If you read this, let me know! If I have people reading this, then maybe I can actually stick with this for a whole year! Aunt Fay and Erin remember you already promised... ;-)

Three, ok there isn't a three, but one and two just seemed like they needed a three...

Ok well tomorrow is the big day, first day at the new church, so I'm off to get some unpacking done...

With Love,
Eli

2 comments:

  1. I'm loving these--makes me feel like I'm there--almost. Keep it up. Love you a bushel and a peck. AF

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruby Red Slippers now that is is different. Do they go with the pretty little dress I got you many moons ago. Have you got your cowboy hat to go with those slippers. Love you Your Daddy:)

    ReplyDelete