Sunday, September 20, 2009

Day16: I Hate Gnats! They Drive me Crazy!!

Third Sunday at the new church was wonderful. Due to some paperwork issues, I couldn't be back in kid's church with Devin, so I got to go to "big" church. Pastor's sermon was great. He talked about the power of one's words and how we should be slow to speak, quick to listen, and always honor our commitments. I've never been very good with the slow to speak part, so that is my goal this week. I want to do a better job understanding others instead of pushing to be understood.

After church, Pastor and his wife had a lunch at their house to give Devin and I the opportunity to meet and greet with those that work in Children's ministry. The smoked chicken legs and wings were fantastic! But even better than the food, we had the opportunity to meet so many great people. I had lots of conversations with many new friends and came away from the afternoon with a smile on my face.

We then came home with the intention of relaxing and preparing for the upcoming week. Instead, I discovered a kitchen full of gnats! You know those nasty little bugs that fly around and poop on stuff. Devin calls them fruit flies, I call them GROSS!! Anyway, we had left the dishes in the sink from earlier this weekend and evidently, they decided to nest or something! I flipped out! It was like everything I have ever taught in a food safety class or been taught as a Food Inspector came running through my mind and I though I was going to be sick. Needless to say, I began cleaning the kitchen with more vigor that I knew one could have on a lazy Sunday night! Lesson learned though, we MUST do all the dishes immediately, even if in a hurry!

Well, now that my kitchen is spot less and several more boxes unpacked, its off to bed! Tomorrow's another Monday morning and I need some sleep!

With Love,
Eli

No comments:

Post a Comment