Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Day 3: The Dog Park

Yeah for Holiday's!! Devin and I had the whole day to spend together and play! I'm ashamed to say, nothing was unpacked at all, but I still have two more days off work to unpack and settle in. So no worries...

Today we took the puppies to Shawnee Mission Park to the off leash area. This is a huge, think acres, area with a walking path down to a lake with a puppy swimming area. Lots of open space and fields to enjoy. While Brooks and Addy were not allowed off their leash, we know their little puppy limits, they had a blast playing with all the other dogs. They crack me up though, when little dogs would come by to say hello, Brooks would roll over on his back like "I surrender." However, when the big dogs came by to play, Brooks wanted to wrestle around like he thought he could take'em. Addy on the other hand is a true snob!! She didn't want anything to do with any of the other dogs. If one of them came up to her, she would try to hop out of the way and give them a "leave me alone" look. She wouldn't even take a drink out of the puppy water fountain they had, even though she was so thirsty she had slobber hanging out of month! Silly dogs...

I foresee this becoming one of our favorite spots though! I hope that as the dogs get more accustomed to going out there, we will be able to take them off their leashes, especially to get to go swimming!!

Devin and I spent the rest of the day looking for a Kitchen Cart and bathroom shelving. We were able to find both and then some. Hopefully I will have this apartment looking like a home instead of a storage unit with in the next 24 hours. Here goes my best effort...

Until we met again...
Eli

No comments:

Post a Comment