Friday, September 18, 2009

Day 14: Two Weeks Forms a Habit!

WOW! I can't believe I've actually been keeping up with this blog thing for two weeks! I realize in the grand scheme of the year I have committed to that two weeks is nothing compared to the fifty weeks I still have left. However, the proverbial "they" say that it takes two weeks to form a habit, so I believe this to be a benchmark post... Enjoy! Know that the only reason I've been able to keep this up is because of those that I know are reading! So huge thanks to each of you!

Today was a VERY good day. One of those days in life when at the end you look back and think, "I am insanely blessed!" Friday's are dress down days so my poor blistered and bruised feet were housed in tennis shoes. My phone interview for the promotion I applied for went great and ended with the gentleman stating how impressed he was with me, always a GREAT was to end an interview. Other than my email quite working this morning, I had a productive day at work!

After work, I came home to what looks like a home! We now have living room furniture that is plush, comfy, and reclines! One doesn't realize how much they miss simple things in life, like a couch, until they go a month sitting in camping chairs! Don't get me wrong camping chairs a wonderful... around a camp fire!! The washer and dryer were also delivered today so no more dirty laundromats!! Never did understand how you were suppose to get anything truly clean at one of those places! And, if I want to wash something in the middle of the week, I can!! Now we just needed to figure out dinner.

When you change your address with the USPS, you get a ValuePak in the mail, which is basically just a bunch of advertisements for local businesses with a few coupons for different things. Since we moved here, Devin and I have looked for a good Mexican restaurant with very little success. There were several coupons for different places and we decided to try one for dinner tonight. FINALLY, we found good Mexican food! The chips were crispy, the salsa fantastic, the cheese dip free (thanks to the coupon), the fajitas huge, and they serve Coke not Pepsi! For 18 bucks we had more than the two of us could eat. I guess this Kansas thing might work out after all! ;-)

After dinner I went to a young women's group for church. I wasn't exactly sure what to expect, but I had a blast! I meet some wonderful ladies that I look forward to building relationships with as well as got to know some women better that I had already meet. It really reminded me of my sorority days when we had sister bonding nights! Everyone was very welcoming and my me glad I came.

As you can see, I've truly had a wonderful day. So as I sit in my new lounge chair with my sweet Brooks snuggled up next to my leg, I reflect on how amazing God is! How He blesses us in ways we never expect and how is perfect plan is so, well, perfect! Thank you Lord for my Life!!

Eli

2 comments:

  1. Keep me posted on the interview process. I am so proud of you and your Mom would be too!! Love you...Aunt Jane

    ReplyDelete