Monday, September 14, 2009

Day 10: Fourth Floor Please!

So today was the first day at the new office in Overland Park at the Sprint campus. I would like to now give a disclaimer that this posting is NOT bragging. I'm simple telling the truth about the fabulous new building that my group moved into this morning.

So to start off with, when you drive on to campus, that is exactly what it looks like, a college campus. The buildings are all large brick buildings with pretty windows, separated by criss-crossing walking paths and beautiful bright green grass. You pull into a parking spot in the parking garage, and then its about a two football field hike, just like in college, to my office. When you walk in the front door, you are greeted by the very polite smiling security guard. With the swipe of your card, its through the electronic, and therefor arm-less, turn gate and across the marble floors to the elevators.

Up to the fourth floor for me! When you step out of the elevator its on to lush Ritz-Carlton type carpet that makes the Opryland Hotel jealous. Straight ahead you'll find the employee break area complete with coffee maker and ICE MACHINE!! The only problem is that the only "pop" machine (this is my new word for "coke" based on my following statement) is a Pepsi machine. There is NO Coca-Cola to be found on the entire campus. While this is truly not the end of the world, this isn't ideal for me. On the rare occasion that I purchase a "pop," its AWAYS a coke!

After the break area, you hit cubicle land! Cubicles as far as the eye can see. All cubies are fully equipped with six drawers, five shelves, extra chair, and coat closet. Not to mention all of the cubies are as big as most of the offices at my old office.

Outside of the building that my cubie is in, there are several other office buildings, two cafeterias, a gym, and multiple areas to enjoy the beautiful outdoors. By one of the cafeterias, there is even a waterfall terrace where you can eat.

I am so blessed to have such a lovely place to be employed! I know that there are bound to be downsides, but for now, I am truly feeling blessed beyond measure!

Other than the day at the office, my day has been fairly uneventful. Took the puppies for a walk, fixed spaghetti for dinner, and watched some 24 with the Hubster. I guess that's all for now!

With Love,
Eli

No comments:

Post a Comment