Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Day 18: SWAT WHAT!!??!!

What a crazy day! It started fairly normal at work, but didn't take long to change. One of the only down sides of my fabulous new office is the filing cabinets are on the other side of my cubicle from my computer, so I spend a portion of my day rolling back and forth between the two. Well, in my daily hustle this morning, I managed to ram my foot into the underside of my filing cabinet. OUCH!! It hurts to walk and the top of my foot is kind of swollen!

The rest of the day at work was fairly uneventful. I still don't have email back and my computer won't let me log in. Other than that, I'm moving quickly through the the learning curve.

After work, I headed to Micheal's to FINALLY get the artwork we bought on our honeymoon framed. (Yes, we have been married for over a year!) While on our cruise, we spent a small fortune on some really nice art at the art auction on the ship, but haven't been able to afford to get it framed. Micheal's had a special this week, all custom framing for 60% off! While the total cost was not cheap, it was considerable cheaper than other options I have looked at. We should have beautiful "grown up" art hanging in our living room within a couple of weeks!

Once I arrived home, my day became even more eventful. Devin had a meeting at the church and a new friend was coming over to see our new furniture and hang out with me for a bit. After eating a quick dinner, Devin went to leave, but was immediately ordered back into our apartment by a member of the SWAT team!! No lies!! You know the mean dressed in black with helmets, shields, and big guns that come to get the folks they think are going to run!! Devin said they were heading into the other end of OUR Building! Once Devin came back and told me what was going on, I called my friend and let her know that tonight might not be the safest night for us to hang out! Not really knowing what else to do, Devin and I just sat in the living room for a few minutes. We could hear them busting down a door or something! It was a little unnerving, but we just couldn't beleive something this crazy was happening to us so we had to laugh a little!

We still don't know what happened, but we never heard gun shots or anything. We live in a fairly nice apartment complex, so I'm not really sure what to think. Although, there are some drug dealers out there that live in some nice digs!

So that was my eventful crazy day! I think I'm going to go take a shower and head to bed a little early tonight! Sweet dreams to all!!
Eli

No comments:

Post a Comment