Sunday, September 27, 2009

Day 23: Fleas!! They Are Worse Than Gnats!!

This morning's service had the potential to be amazing. The kids did fantastic with worship and really seemed to understand reverence. Then we got to the message....

Devin's message was about how we are wonderfully created by God in His image. He used a mirror as a illustration. The point being that when God created man, it was in His perfect image (show mirror to the crowd) but that sin came into this world (hit mirror with sledge hammer) and destroyed that perfect image. But Jesus came and picked up the pieces (pick up the broken mirror pieces and place behind stage door) and gave us the ability to be live in His imagine (bring whole mirror out of behind stage door). Now, I was behind the stage, so I'm not exactly sure how this next part happened. But the next thing I know, the entire crowd is chanting "break it, break it, break it" at the top of their lungs. They totally missed the somber moment of Devin's great message and more importantly the truth that we are made whole through Jesus's sacrifice!

Pray for our new kids. They really are great kids. They just need to get use to us and get use to having more of a structured service!

After church, Devin laid down to take a nap, neither of us had a very good nights sleep last night, and I opted to play on the computer. Devin and I have been meaning to give Brooks and Addy a bath for weeks and just hadn't gotten around too it. So this afternoon I decided that the time had come. I thought about waking Devin up to help, but decided I would be the sweet little wife and let him nap. So off I go, just me, two dogs, and a whole lot of water!! I'm not sure who ended up with more soap and water on them, me or the pups! I scrubbed them down though and manager to kill all kinds of fleas that I didn't even know were there!

They were getting a bath because of they stunk, not because we thought they had fleas!! They have itched some, but nothing like when they were babies and had fleas. But I kid you not, their were tons of tiny little flea carcases that had to be cleaned out of the bottom of the bath tub. Also, since my babies are now clean and coated with anti-flea stuff, the fleas that survived the scrubbing are now attempting to live on me! So far I've pulled two off of me and one off Addy around her eyes. I haven't seen any more since I started my blog so maybe they are all gone. I'm going to take a shower myself though. I feel like they are jumping all over me!!

Ok off to the shower!!
Eli

1 comment:

  1. AHHHH, I hate fleas! Unfortunately, they absolutely love me. If you have anymore trouble, let me know. I have lots of tactics for getting rid of them, since I have personally experienced them so many times in my life. A few times, I've gone to visit people and told them their pets had fleas. (This visit may not have been more than a few minutes.) They didn't believe me because they hadn't realized it themselves, but inevitably, a few days go by and then they tell me I was right.

    ReplyDelete