Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Day 87: I HATE CRICKET!!

Monday, November 30

Ok so I realize that hate is a strong word, but I think that about sums up my feelings for this insane sport. For those of you that know me at all, you know that I am by no means some kind of sports hating girl. I know the rules to most sports. ESPN is on channel 35 in India. I know the Super Bowl is played either the last weekend in January or first weekend in February, depending on the season, and all the number name combinations for March Madness. I even know the World Series is a seven game series! I love hockey and can enjoy the occasional wrestling match, and a perfect Sunday involves me and a Titans or Colts game. Needless to say, I like most sports!

With the exception of this weird game called cricket! Now, I realize that cricket is not a sport I grew up with, so when I discovered that there are literally FOUR channels devoted to 24 hours a day of the sport, I decided I should learn a little more about it. I attempted to watch the game several time, yea that was boring! So I thought I would ask someone the rules of the game. After all, maybe I was missing something.

No such luck! The point is to hit the weakly pitched ball, which is allowed to bounce off the ground, and manage not to hit these three little sticks out of this whole big field! Wow, so difficult! (Insert sarcasm) Oh and to make it even more “complex,” there are only two bases and neither of them is home, you just have to run back and forth as many times as possible before someone catches you. Ummmm fun!

Anyway, glad there are a few other channels to choose from! Who am I kidding, I have way more channels then at home! LOL! I love India!

With love,
Eli
Countdown to Devin: 29 days…

No comments:

Post a Comment