Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Day 95: Hot Chocolate!!! WOW!

Tuesday, December 8

So the longer we are at the new hotel, the more I am realizing it’s not so bad after all. Maybe it has something to do with the hotel GM that joined me for lunch today. His name is Matthew and he has worked for Marriot all around the world. He, his wife and two daughters have lived here in India for four years now and this is the second hotel that he has opened in Delhi.

Matthew had great stories about traveling all over Asia. And he is from Australia and told me all about Australian history as well as where to visit, just in case I’m ever in that part of the world. He was even at the Marriott across from the Twin Towers on 9/11. It was very interesting to hear his stories and just to talk to someone other than the work folks. Not that they are bad people, quite the opposite, I’ve just heard all their stories! ;-)

Plus, I learned about some of the things to come in the next few weeks as far as the hotel is concerned. There is a coffee shop opening in a couple weeks. As well as a Sushi bar in the new restaurant that should be opening soon! It’s kind of nice to know the guy that is making all the decisions about the hotel I have moved into for the next two months! And to drop a few hints on the things I would love to have added, like a microwave in my room!

But the best part of meeting the hotel general manager, I was introduced to the most amazing hot chocolate I have ever had in my entire life! It starts with fresh steamed milk in a very cute cup, served with three Lindor chocolate truffle balls on the side. You add the three truffles to the milk and stir like mad. Then, prepare to be amazed! I have never had hot chocolate that tasted this good! It was melt in your mouth, dream about another, fantastic!

Well, now that I have made your mouth water, and made me want another one, I better go for now! Have a great night and super thanks to everyone that has participated in my little questionnaire!

With Love,
Eli
Countdown to Devin: 21 days…

1 comment: