Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Day 91: Bye, Bye Princess Lair

Friday, December 4

Well, today is moving day. Due to poor contract following on one hotel’s part, I am being forced to move out of my princess palace and into a commoner’s hotel. I will miss Ravi, my wonderful housekeeper. And Anish and Ruby my excellent coffee friends, and of course my Ankita who always tells me hello and have a good day! I’m not sure I can go back to the simple life of peasants, but then again, maybe a good dose of reality will make me more prepared for heading home. Ok off to packing, I’ll finish my blog from the other side….

Ten hours later…

UGH!!! One, I went from a little coughy to can’t hardly hold my head up at work tonight. I probably should have come back to the hotel sooner, but seeing as I had to move to the new hotel before falling asleep to not risk missing check out, I decided to stick it out. Two, now I’m at the new hotel, and it is exactly that, new! Don’t get me wrong, it’s very nice, it’s just not my Leela. The service is still trying to figure out there jobs, the elevators are hit and miss, and the bed is not broken in (read hard as a rock). Also, my poor skin went from sleeping with Egyptian cotton to 150 thread count exfoliating sheets, how will I ever manage??

Before you start making fun of me for being spoiled, remember I’m sick! Speaking of which, I’m going to go try to sleep off whatever this is that is making breathing a chore! One more thing, my travel plans have changed once again. I’m still in India till the beginning of February; I will just be staying in Delhi. No Mumbai of me, but it’s all good! I love Delhi!!

Until tomorrow…
Eli
Countdown to Devin: 25 days…

1 comment: