Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Day 108: Halfway There….

Monday, December 21

Well, so long restful weekend, hello week number 8! I’m half way through my India stay and on the downhill slope to my return home! Exactly 7 weeks from today, I will be on a plane, USA bound! Don’t get me wrong, India is great! I’ve loved every minute of being here. I’ve learn so many wonderful things about another country and culture. I’ve grown as an employee and trainer. And best of all, I have made so many wonderful friends that have each touched my life in a special way.

Not to mention, I have gotten back on track to being healthy with the help of my personal trainer. I went to the gym this morning after my weekend off. I had to work my tail off as I have come to expect and almost enjoy. I also asked them to start working with me to get me running again. Once upon a time I actually enjoyed going for a run. Why I stopped, I’m not sure. But I have tried several times to get back into the habit with no success. Seeing as I came to love running with Staff Sgt. Cheeks running next to me screaming with all 350 lbs of muscle that made up the 6’5” man, I thought maybe having similar “motivation” from a personal trainer might get me back to that point! I’m sure Brooks and Addison would love for Mommy to take them for a run every morning!

Oh Brooks and Addy! I miss those puppies! Grandma Dee is spoiling them rotten, but I hear good reports. I think Devin is missing them too. He said he was probably going to go get them when he gets back from India. I think this is a GREAT idea! This way, they will be there when I home and Devin can email me pictures of my little furry rug rats!!

Speaking of Devin, only NINE more days till he will be here!! Yay, it’s down to single digits! I’m so excited to see him and show him everything. I wish we could have more time, but I will take what I can get. I miss him so much and even a day would be better than nothing. I need some quality HWDB hugs and kisses! Those are impossible to come by in India! ;-)

Yes, this has truly been an amazing experience and I will cherish every minute I have left. But on the other side of the coin is the reminder of just how wonderful home is….

With Love,
Eli
Countdown to Devin: 9 days…

1 comment: