Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Day 89: Shades of Blue

Wednesday, December 2

I finished book three of my India trip. One of my favorite authors is Karen Kingsbury, but I only brought three of her books with me, so I have to ration them out. Especially since I read the entire book in three days! Well, this isn’t going to be much of a review, seeing the book was from my favorite author, of course I loved it, but at least I can give a brief overview so you fall in love too! ;-)

The two main characters of Shade of Blue, Emma and Brad, were elementary sweethearts back in Wilmington, NC. First plus since I’m a NC fan myself! Add the fact that Emma graduated from NC State, and we have a real winner!! Anyway, Brad went to the “other” NC school and then moved away to NYC. He and Emma would have probably lasted forever, except for a poor decision they made the summer after Brad graduated. In an attempt to hide their mistakes, Brad and Emma make a decision that forever changes their lives.

Emma is left feeling guilty and alone while Brad goes on with his life, burring his past in the depths of his memory. That is until weeks before his wedding, when he stumbles across an old picture of Emma. The guilt for all that they did compounds with the guilt over the way he left Emma overwhelms him. After deciding he can’t continue with his future until he confronts his past, he explains it all to his finance and heads back to the Carolina coast to straighten out his twisted mess he left behind.

This book is a tear jerking reminder of the power of forgiveness and acceptance. The ending is realistic; as is the entire book, and leaves you feeling reassured about true love and more importantly God’s love. While not my favorite Kingsbury read, this book was very good and was an excellent light read after the Shack and Memoirs of Geisha back to back!

With love,
Eli
Countdown to Devin: 27 days…

No comments:

Post a Comment