Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Day 94: Learning to Love…

Monday, December 7

It’s weird. Some days I feel like I’ve been here for six years, other times, like I’ve been here for six day. But never like the true, six weeks that I’ve actually been here. I will say I love the Indian culture. It’s very family oriented and they take care of each other. It’s a beautiful thing!
The new hotel is slowly getting better, well maybe... It did take us almost an hour to get to the office because of all the traffic coming from this way. But other than that, and a few other little kinks that need to get worked out, it’s not so bad.

I have had a problem with my key not working every other time I leave my room. When I got home for work tonight, my key didn’t work. Since it was 4am, no housekeeping was roaming the halls so I had to go back downstairs myself. Not such a big deal except for the part where the elevators weren’t working! Ok, so down the three flights a super sketchy stairs that leads outside of the building. Once I finally got to the hotel lobby, I was a little feisty, but politely explained my key dilemma and problem with the elevator. Not only were they able to permanently (we shall see) fix my key issue, they also explained that they are working on synchronizing the elevator and that too should be fixed by tomorrow morning!

Laundry is yet another adventure! I sent some laundry on Saturday and just got it back today. Amongst all my size clothing, there was an XS shirt. Obviously, not mine! And I’m missing a shirt that is mine. Housekeeping is working on this, and I hope I get it back. It’s my favorite nightshirt, one of Devin’s old shirts that is as close to a hubby hug as I can get in this foreign country. Well, at least until he gets here in 22 days! Not that I’m counting or anything!

Ok well tomorrow is technically already here so I should get some sleep. Have a fantastic day and keep in touch! I’m really starting to feel disconnected from the home country!

Eli
Countdown to Devin: 22 days…

2 comments:

  1. If you keep taking the stairs like this, at least you'll be getting some exercise :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speaking of exercise, does the new hotel have a gym and a free trainer like the other one???

    ReplyDelete