Sunday, December 13, 2009

Day 99: Deck the Halls!

Saturday, December 12

So my plans to learn to cook Indian food today fell through. Kumar was with us for our Delhi adventure, and while I have not been to sleep yet, he on the other hand went home and crashed. We are going to reschedule sometime for a less eventful weekend! ;-)

Once back to the hotel, it was to the lunch buffet for a bite. I had some taste of Indian dishes, a slice of tenderloin (I love being at an American hotel, they even have cheeseburgers!) and some mashed potatoes! Unfortunately there were no green beans, but it was still pretty tasty!

After lunch, I headed up to my room and to a second care package! This one was from the church back home. They sent me cups of soup, lip gloss, granola bars, flavored splenda, a homemade Christmas card, a plethora of Crystal Light, Christmas M&M’s, and a Christmas CD!! I fixed a cup of apple cider, cranked up the Christmas music, and decked the halls! Ok so really I decked the window with Christmas cling-ons, but nonetheless I decorated for Christmas and loved every minute of it! All five of them! ;-)

I’ve spent most of the day with my knee propped up, sitting on the couch watching Maid in Manhattan and a new show, Royal Pain. Call me a bum if you must, but remember, I got out of bed at 4:45 pm yesterday, and it’s currently almost 7pm today!

At this point I’m just staying up long enough to talk to Devin! I already had dinner and said good bye to my dear Joy, crazy girl made me tear up. The rest of the evening looks like it going to involve watching America’s Got Talent and continuing to baby my beat up right side! ;-)
Tomorrow is church and a movie which will be a lot of fun after a great night’s sleep! So I think there is only one thing left to say, good night! ;-)

With Love,
Eli
Countdown to Devin: 18 days…

No comments:

Post a Comment