Sunday, December 13, 2009

Day 98: Its Friday Night, Oh My!!

Friday, December 11

Tonight was the craziest night I have experienced in years! I don’t want to give it all away, but let’s just say it involves motorcycles, merry-go-rounds, and eight hours with eight people in a minivan! What started as a few hours of hanging out after work to give Joy a fine farewell, turned into an all morning adventure!

After work, it was a quick run to the hotel to drop off all things work related. Once back in the van, we went to pick up a couple of friends from work. Next, off to Jas’s for Joy to get a motorcycle ride! A few others took turns and the rest of us jammed out to the radio station in the parking lot. Next, a sunrise tour of the greater Delhi area! Who knew how much fun seat dancing to Indi-Rock while wedged in the middle seat could be so much fun! Insert mild sarcasm….

Now that the sun was up, the bellies were growling! Where would one stop to grab a bite to eat at 8:30 in the morning? McDonald’s of course! After a picture of with the Ronald (pic posted on Facebook) it was inside for a lovely American breakfast. While there were no biscuits, there was Sausage Egg McMuffins! Other than not being able to get my usual pack of mustard to go with it, it was just like home. I was amazed how wonderful McDonald’s could taste for breakfast considering how much I HATE having it for dinner!

Next on the list, more Delhi touring and a trip to a genuine Indian Resort that I think must have been close to the coast as long as it took as to get there. But it was so amazing! When we pulled into the parking lot, there was the left over decorations from a wedding that were beautiful. Next, it was inside for a guided tour of the whole resort. Past the crystal blue swimming pool, it was to the full service spa. We saw all the different rooms where you can have everything from a full body massage to a hot stone treatment. They also have a couple massage room I’m thinking Devin and I should check out when he gets here!

The tour continued around the grounds. We had our picture made with a camel and even got to pet the sweet animal. We saw more of the wedding decorations that a small army was working on taking down. And then, the Mecca of the resort as we know it… the playground!

Imagine seven adults enjoying a swing, slide, monkey bars, see-saw, and merry-go-round! At least until I got flung off the merry-go-round and rolled about 10 feet before coming to a stop against another piece of playground equipment. I totally busted my hip, elbow, knee, and far right pinky toe! I have a lot more velocity at 26 than I did at 11, the last time I was on one of those things. My knee took the blunt of the trauma, but I think I will survive. Actually, I’m rather proud of myself. I’ve been in India for six weeks and this is my first notable bruise. As you know, grace is not my strong point so I think this is the remarkable feat!

After finishing the tour of the beautiful resort, it was finally back to the hotel, to complete our eight hour Delhi adventure! Seeing as tomorrow is already here, I’ll go right into my Saturday blog…

With Love,
Eli
Countdown to Devin: 19 days…

No comments:

Post a Comment