Thursday, December 17, 2009

Day 103: Prakesh… It Means Light!

Wednesday, December 16

I did it!! I made it up at a decent hour and, get ready for this, FINALLY made it to the gym! And, I signed up for personal training too! I guess the sweet little Indian accent reminding me to get out of bed really did help. And no one commented on my dark circles tonight either, so I must have looked better too! All around a good thing!

Once at the gym, I met Prakesh the director of the gym and my new personal trainer. Today was spent talking about my medical and health history; I don’t think he believed me when I told him I use to run three miles a day. He messed with my bad ankle to get a better understanding what I could and couldn’t do. And of course we had to talk about what I currently weigh. I will say the number is a little easier to swallow in kilos!

Next Prakesh ask me what I want to accomplish in the time I have here. While I wanted to answer “a Tyra Banks body” I stuck with just to develop a routine and get as in shape as I can. He seemed pleased with this answer and excited to tailor a plan to do just that. I was quickly informed that today would just be cardio and we would start the hard core training tomorrow, after he has had some time to think up all kinds of fat burning, muscle toning moves! I’m not sure whether to be scared or excited. I think I’ll stick to both!

Prakesh put me on the treadmill and set the timer for 30 mins. He set the speed as well and it seemed really slow to me. Seeing as he is the expert, I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt and leave it on what seemed like an easy speed. And it was for the first five minutes until the incline went into high gear and I climbed the equivalent of Mt. Everest! WOW! My hindquarters are feeling the burn! After the treadmill, it was the bike for 15 mins, which wasn’t a big deal at all.

Once my “easy” cardio work out was completed, Prakesh came back to talk about tomorrow. He asked if I had two hours to work out, I do so I couldn’t lie. Oh dear! And then he told me his name means “light.” It was a rather interesting statement to make after telling he was going to literally work my tail off for two hours! I guess he thinks I need to see the light of day or maybe that he is the light to lead me out of being overweight? I’m not sure, but for as long as I live I will think of my trainer, the light!

I’ll let you all know how tomorrow goes!
With Love,
Eli
Countdown to Devin: 14 days…

1 comment: