Monday, December 28, 2009

Day 112: My Unforgettable Indian Christmas

Friday, December 25

Merry Christmas!! I woke up early this morning and went to the Christmas service at the church I attended a few weeks ago. The service was beautiful and it was so nice to have so many others that understood what today really is about. The service ended with a communion service that was unforgettable and lovely!

After church it was back to the hotel for a delicious Christmas buffet lunch. I had turkey, prawns, sushi, mashed potatoes, grilled mixed veggies, and a dessert plate to make anybody jealous. I discovered Yule log and Partole, a divinity type dessert that has a strawberry in the center. Ah so good!! Yummie!

Next, it was off to the spa for a little Christmas pampering. I had a little “threading” done first. Quite the experience! It’s an alternative to waxing and while it’s a little more painful at the moment, it’s a lot less harsh than waxing. Yay, no burn marks! Next I had the best pedicure I’ve ever had. The guy got his workout for the day sanding off the months worth of flip-flop wearing callouses that previously inhabited my feet! Lastly, it was off to for my one hour massage. The best part, all of this cost less than it would have cost to get any one of these treatments in the States! I love India!!!

Again, back to the hotel for a shower and to get ready for my first Indian house visit. A friend from work, Nitin, invited me to join his wife and family for Christmas dinner. Nitin’s mom is so very sweet! She reminded me of going home in the States. She kept trying to feed me more and more even when I wasn’t hungry at all. And that was before dinner! LOL!

Nitin, Soloni, his wife, and Nitin’s brother took me to enjoy some Indian street food! Oh my YUM!! I had seeki kebabs, seeki rolls, and the best lamb chops I have EVER had!! All I could think was where have Seeki kebabs been all my life! And how much Devin would love the lamb chops. Add to that the great time Soloni and I had just being girls and the great conversation with my new friends, all in all, a great night!

Once back to the hotel, I got to talk to many family and friends back in the States and wish them all a very Merry Christmas. While I wish I could have been with my family and Devin of course today, this was truly a Christmas I will never forget! I’m so blessed for such an amazing day to celebrate the birth of my Savior!

With Love,
Eli
Countdown to Devin: 5 days…

No comments:

Post a Comment