Monday, December 28, 2009

Day 111: Christmas Eve!!

Thursday, December 24

Poster Note: Sorry these got out of order.... Devin


Well, it FINALLY looks like Christmas in India! It’s so weird, in the US the Christmas decorations make it up in every public place no later than the day after Thanksgiving, although many retail stores have it out before Halloween. Not in India my friend. Even the American hotel we are staying at waited until this evening to put up the tree. Which is quite pretty, Grandmother would approve, everything matches beautifully!

At work, all of the kids spent the evening decorating the bays and painting their faces, an Indian way of celebrating any holiday. I’ve never seen so much fake snow and glitter in an office building! There was even a visit from Santa! LOL! It was hysterical to see one of the kids with fake snow taped to his face and balloons shoved up underneath his red jacket. I had a blast and laughed most of the evening. Well, when I wasn’t working of course! ;-)

This wasn’t a normal Christmas Eve for me. I mean I’m use to working, but I wasn’t able to make it to a Christmas Eve service since I didn’t leave work until 11:30 pm. And my Christmas Eve dinner, Pizza Hut! Not quite the same as finger foods at a friend’s house or Prime Rib at Aunt Fay’s, but pretty taste nonetheless!

Well, I am headed to bed so I can enjoy my Christmas tomorrow! I have plans to head to church, lunch at the hotel, and then over to a friend’s house for dinner. Should be a great day! Merry Christmas to you and your kin!

With Love,
Eli
Countdown to Devin: 6 days…

No comments:

Post a Comment