Thursday, December 10, 2009

Day 96: Just Another Day in Indian Paradise

Wednesday, December 9

As I look at all the pictures on facebook of snow and hear reports of below freezing temperatures back home, I’m reminded of how lucky I am to be in a sunny, lovely India. I mean once you get used to the dusty air and the constant sneezing, it’s a lovely place!

No really, it’s great; I hate snow so it works out well for me. At least it will when they finally open the new pool and I can go back to my daily sunshine treatments! ;-)

I’ve turned the hotel room into a mini home away from home finally. I’m looking forward to decorating for Christmas this weekend. There is a package, including a Christmas CD, which is going to be here on Saturday so I’m thinking Sunday I’ll play the CD and hang my window cling decorations. No tree this year, at least not in my room, but according to the hotel manager, there will be one in the lobby after this weekend! I wonder if I can get in on helping decorate!

Work tonight was work. I did get to try a homemade Indian dish and pickled mango. I wasn’t sure what it would be like, but I really liked it! It was an eggplant dish but it really just tasted like the spices and such. And the pickled mango, very interesting. Not at all what I thought something that had been “pickled” would taste like, but very tangy and tasty!

Ok well, I’m out until tomorrow!
With Love,
Eli
Countdown to Devin: 21 days…

No comments:

Post a Comment