Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Day 93: Better…

Sunday, December 6

So sorry for the super short blog last night. It was a rough day, but it really is amazing what almost 24 hours of straight sleep will do for a bad cold! That and some who-knows-what Indian cough syrup!

Anyway, I woke up this morning feeling considerably better although still quite stuffy. I went to the incredible breakfast buffet downstairs around 9:30 am. I ran into some of the other work folks and decided to head to the mall/store for a weekly restock of snacks around noon. After reminiscing over all we missed from our old hotel, we went our separate ways for a little bit.
At noon sharp, it was back down the sketchy, but getting better, elevators to take a cab out. We had planned on going to a mall closer to the new hotel, but the driver didn’t seem to have a clue of where we were talking about. We ended up going back to the mall at the Leela. Other than the feel of salt in a wound in seeing our precious hotel in passing, it was for the best.

I was able to hit up the atm, grab a cup of coffee, and go to the bazaar for some juice and cold medicine. Once back at the hotel, I felt drained. I laid in bed, not really sleeping, not really awake, until my tummy started growling like a bear in the spring. A sure sign that I’m getting better! Once again, down the slowly becoming more reliable elevator for some chicken and mashed potatoes! Yummy! So I think the food here is actually better! Maybe it’s the fact that it’s not quite as gourmet and a little more home like. Either way, at least that is one positive about this new hotel!

Unfortunately, it doesn’t make up for the leaky toilet and shower that doesn’t drain! But we passed a shanti town on the way back from the mall. I was once again reminded of how blessed and fortunate I am! I have a roof over my head, a bed to sleep in, and only miss meals when I choice to not stop long enough to have one! Thus, I’ve decided not to complain anymore about the new digs.

That pretty much sums up my first weekend in the new place! Tomorrow is the start of week six! Only nine more to go! Good thing the hubster will be here in less than four!! ;-)

Eli
Countdown to Devin: 23 days…

No comments:

Post a Comment