Sunday, December 13, 2009

Day 100: Amazing Celebrations!

Sunday, December 13

One hundred days as a Kansasean!! Too bad I’m not actually in Kansas to celebrate! LOL! Oh well, today was one of my favorite days in India thus far and I’ve been looking forward to telling you guys about it throughout the day!

My day started rather early, especially since I have only slept about six and a half hours in the past forty-two. Two of us drove to the other side of New Delhi to meet up with a guy from work to attend church. Talk about an eye opening, amazing experience! The church itself looked about like what I expected, but the service was just what I needed and didn’t even know it. Of course the whole place was decked out for Christmas, but in addition to that, there was a children’s play that was one of the cutest I have ever seen. Then the service started and I found myself tearing up.

There is a reason Jesus instructed us not to forsake the assembling of His people. I didn’t realize how much I missed church. I mean I knew I missed the people, but how much I missed being in the house of the Lord surrounded by believers, my heart surged with every moment. I look forward to going back next week! Other than losing my favorite Bible somehow, one of my top India experiences! And if I am going to lose something important to me in India, I want it to be my Bible; this country needs it so much. My only prayer is that it ends up in the hands of someone that God can use it to change lives! FYI, Devin, a new American Standard would be a fantastic Christmas present to bring me when you come to India! Guess we will see if he reads my blogs! ;-) No cheating friends!!

After church, it was off to the mall for lunch and a movie! Lunch didn’t work out quit like I thought it would, but it’s all good. And the movie was GREAT! The movie theaters make the ones back home look like dumps!! Huge leather seats that recline fully, tons of leg room, and the best part, all for about $5! Man I love India!! Well, minus the fact that the popcorn left something to be desired…

After getting back from the mall and the movie adventure, I meet up with one of the ladies that didn’t go to the movie with us at the hotel restaurant. I wasn’t hungry at all, not until an hour or so after she finished eating and everyone else had joined us. We ended up sitting around talking for hours. We talked about everything from Mohawks to the state of the modern church and everything in between.

Now I’m back in my room playing the stay up late to get back on my “normal” schedule game once again. Luckily, I have a few things I need to get done so it should take up most of my time between now and 4am. Ok well, I hope your day was as wonderful as mine! Until Monday….

With Love,
Eli
Countdown to Devin: 17 days…

PS from Devin- I POST all these blogs, cause my wife is to cheap to buy internet service over there...so of course I read them! :-) And with a collection of over 200 Bibles, I'm sure I can find a NASB around this office somewhere...crazy woman!

1 comment:

  1. LOL, yes, Devin I've figured that out, and appreciate all your hard work and dedication to Eli's blog! =P

    ReplyDelete