Thursday, December 24, 2009

Day 109: Typical Tuesday

Tuesday, December 22

It’s interesting to me what a creature of habit I can become. I doubt it will come as a surprise to anyone that I flourish under a routine. After all, it’s my personality! But, it still amazes me how much better I feel now that I have myself back on a regular routine.

Remember how just a week ago I was complaining about how all I want to do these days is sleep, but I wanted to not feel so sleepy all the time. Well, the solution, it seems was actually to sleep less. I was sleeping way too much. Once I started getting up at 1 pm every day, the bags under my eyes have greatly reduced! So now that I have a new routine, I thought I would share it with you! After all, I know you can’t bear to not know my every move! (Said with extreme sarcasm!!)
My day starts with a 1 pm wakeup call that is no longer a sweet voice but is instead an automated voices, ugh. But the wakeup call is still proving to be more effective than the alarm ever was. After a quick brush of the teeth, it’s down stairs for a visit with my friend Parkesh. After anywhere from an hour to an hour and half he finally finishes torturing me, I mean encouraging me to get healthy, and I run back upstairs to my hotel room for a super quick shower.

After throwing on some cloths, it’s another race downstairs to catch the free lunch buffet included in my room charge before it ends for the day. After surveying my options, I try to decide on the best for me, least likely to upset my stomach, delicious meal I can create. There is the option of a salad, but the lettuce here seems to upset my tummy, so I have to avoid that if possible. I try to go for a little protein, a few carbs, and a lot of veggies. Once I have finished my main course, I order a cappuccino, no foam (they don’t know what a latte is, evidentially that is an American term or something??) and get “dessert.” While there are lots of options for dessert, I try to stick to pineapple and watermelon and maybe a miniature tart if they have favorite flavors, like caramel or chocolate!

After signing the bill, it’s back up to the room, for my second favorite part of the day. I curl up under the covers and read/take a cat nap until 4:30 pm. At 4:30 pm, I turn on Biggest Loser and get my motivation to go back to the gym tomorrow! During commercials, I get my room ready for housekeeping, fix my hair, do my makeup, etc. Once Biggest Loser ends, I start packing up for work and head downstairs to catch my ride at 5:45.

Once the 45 minute commute is complete, it a non-stop adventure at work for the next nine hours. Technically, there is an hour lunch in there, but this too offers excitement as we are never quite sure what we are going to get! At the end of the shift, around 3:30 am, it’s back to the car for the 15 minute drive back to the hotel. Yes the traffic makes that much of a difference! Depending what time we actually leave work, we get back to the hotel anywhere from 4:00 am – 4:30 am. Then it’s time for my favorite part of the day….

I call Devin and we chat for about 30 minutes. We have to tell each other all about our days, discuss family business (read bills), and spend the rest of our call talking about how much we miss each other and can’t wait for him to be here/me to be there. Usually while on the phone with him, I fix a small bite to eat so I can take my Malaria meds and once off the phone, I type my blog and email it to him. Sometimes these things are in a different order, but you get the picture.

With the meds taken, the teeth brushed, and blog done, it’s off to bed to start it all over tomorrow! And now you know the routine! ;-)

With Love,
Eli
Countdown to Devin: 8 days…

1 comment:

  1. I agree. A voice is much more effective as a wake-up call. I have mine that goes off every morning at 7 AM reqesting breakfast =)

    ReplyDelete