Thursday, January 28, 2010

The 'lost' Blogs: Day 126: Only a Month…

Friday, January 8

First and foremost, Devin is back in the States! He should be home safe and sound by the time I wake up in the morning. It was amazing to hear his voice again and a huge sigh of relief to have his phones working again. I’m a little upset with Verizon. They told us our phones would work fine internationally, and well, they don’t.

Devin did have quite a different story from the duty manager at the airport though. Evidentially, Devin was never offered a hotel room and in fact was told that he could not leave the airport at all. India has a very strict security policy. Once you go through “customs,” they won’t like you back out unless it on an airplane. I was asking my Indian friends how this works if there is an emergency and you need to leave, they said there is no exceptions! Crazy, but ok…

Well, tonight was my last as collections floor support. Monday, I will be switching to another process and a whole new group of people to meet! I love meeting people and I’ll be working on the same process I do at home so my knowledge base is a little better too! I’m actually really excited about it. Plus, starting this process marks the beginning of my last month in India. Actually, I head back to the States a month from today! ;-)

Please don’t be mistaken, I have LOVED my experience, but after putting Devin on a plane, I’m ready for my turn. Who would have thought that I would be homesick AFTER my wonderful hubster came to visit me! LOL! Oh well, my days are numbers and I’ll be back in his arms soon!

With Love,

Eli
Countdown to Home: 31 days…

No comments:

Post a Comment