Monday, January 11, 2010

Day 124: The Doctor is in

Wednesday, January 6

Another day, and I still have a sick wife. Today is my last day…I actually leave for the hotel at about 10 pm to catch my 2 am flight.

Since she still isn’t better and now hasn’t eaten in 3 days, we decided to call the doctor. He makes hotel room calls here, and informed us he went to school in Moscow. Not sure how comforting that is…

He was here about 5 minutes, asked a few questions, gave my wife a shot in the rear end that now has her seeing flying monkeys and pick elephants, and sent out for a script. When they delivered it to our door they said it was charged to the room…and when I saw the price I just about died! 20,000 rupees for these drugs! Plus the doctor Visit and shot…

And to top it all off, I found out that KC is about to get hit with snow, so I may not be able to even get home. This has been a great trip but certainly isn’t ending as I’d like. I have to leave my sick wife in a foreign country by herself and have a good chance of being stranded in an airport of the first time in my life. Oh, God, help! No, seriously!

The next blog will be from Eli when I am hopefully back to the States. I know she has some interesting news to share about work… Well, India has been fun. Now it’s off for home, wifeless .
With Love,

Devin, on behalf of Eli
Countdown to Devin leaving: 1 day…

Added Note from Elizabeth:
Luckily, Devin can’t read Indian numbers and the meds were 200 rupees, not 20,000. Devin also forgot to mention that in the few minutes the doctor was here, he said I have food poisoning, I think! His English left quite a bit to the imagination! ;-)

1 comment:

  1. What a sad ending! I'm glad you don't have too long before you two will be together again!

    ReplyDelete