Thursday, January 28, 2010

Day 138: A Thousand Tomorrows

Wednesday, January 20

I love Karen Kingsbury! Big surprise I know, LOL! Anyway, I just finished my latest reading endeavor, A Thousand Tomorrows by Kingsbury and as expected, I loved it!

While the Rodeo has never been a huge point of interest for me, I found myself totally captivated by the story of Cody Gunner as he deals with the angry he’s had since he was a little kid watching his daddy drive away forever by lasting eight seconds on the back of a deadly beast. Cody uses his built up anger to become one of the best in professional bull riding, but no one really knows him. He keeps everyone at arm’s length, much like barrel racer, Ali Daniels.
Ali has her own secret in the rodeo arena. She too doesn’t get close to anyone and spends most of her time with her horse, Ace, or in her trailer with her mom. She is at the top of her game much like Cody and has no intention of letting anything change that.

A Thousand Tomorrows is the story of these two loners finding a friendship that blossoms in to so much more than either of them every thought their life could include. While this is no doubt a love story, it is by no means only a love story. Kingsbury does a great job showing the importance of forgiveness and acceptance, as well as meaningful friendships and trusting in God’s plan.

Unlike many of Kingsbury’s books, this one doesn’t have any scripture references, which is one of the things I love best about her books. But even without those, she does a wonderful job bringing Godly truths in a more subtle way. Yet again, Kingsbury knocks it out of the park for me!

With Love,

Eli

PS Happy Birthday Amy Lynn! I’m sorry I couldn’t be there for your big 3 - 0! I love you so much though!!
Countdown to Home: 19 days…

No comments:

Post a Comment